Our Customers love us and you will be the anchor of our relationship with them. You will be the one, consistent contact point that the customer can rely on. Ours is a rapidly growing manufacturing company with a fast paced and friendly, upbeat environment. If you are passionate about customer service, detail oriented, a relentless problem solver coupled with excellent written and phone communication skills, we should connect now.
In addition, sometimes customer issues will demand you stay later and you must have the sense of urgency to resolve them today, not tomorrow. But you know this – it is part of being a top notch Customer Service Representative! In return, we will treat you like a person, not a number, and provide you with a great work environment and an excellent benefits package.
Your day is filled interacting by phone and e-mail with customers to provide and process information in response to orders, inquiries, concerns and requests about our services. You are also the go-to person inside the company for your geographic region’s outside sales people, assisting and supporting them as required. You will liaison with other departments such as Engineering and Estimating to resolve customer requests and in general, own the business side of the customer relationship as well as act as the primary Customer Service Representative.
- Interact directly with customers primarily by telephone and e-mail
- Respond promptly to customer inquiries
- Handle and quickly resolve customer complaints (not many but they do occur)
- Obtain and evaluate all relevant information to handle product and service inquiries
- Setup new customer accounts
- Process orders, forms, applications and requests for terms
- Direct requests and unresolved issues to the appropriate resource
- Keep records of customer interactions and transactions
- Record details of inquiries, comments and complaints
- Communicate and coordinate with internal departments
- Follow up on customer interactions
- Provide feedback on the efficiency of the customer service process
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma, general education degree or equivalent
- Excellent knowledge of customer service principles and practices
- Strong computer skills Microsoft Office, Excel spreadsheets,
- Knowledge of administrative procedures
- Able to gain product knowledge
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
- Problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Sense of urgency for Customer Service
- Adaptability and initiative
We offer competitive wages based on experience as well as an excellent benefits package including:
• Top Notch Progressive health care plan
• Excellent Paid Vacation Plan
• Paid Holidays
• Employer Contributed 401K Plan
• Employer Paid Long Term Disability Insurance
• Employer Paid Life Insurance
• Dental Plan
• Short Term Disability Insurance
Submit your resume in PDF or MS Word format PLEASE INCLUDE SALARY REQUIREMENTS.
Rapid is an Equal Opportunity Employer .